– Butter chicken waffles (name says it all; butter chicken with waffles)
– Eggs Benedeep (we chose the duck rather than kale. This was serviced with fenugreek hollandaise, cardamon biscuits, potato masala hash and fruit).
I really liked the fact that they chose to make breakfast on a different level: dishes that we are used to (waffles and eggs benedict) but in an Indian version.
Butter chicken waffles:
– The butter chicken was spicy and not so creamy/bland (which is normally), so I quite liked it!
– Waffles were average (a tad sweet), but felt fresh.
After a few minutes though, the waffles turned soggy so this dish had to be eaten quickly! The portion was very small – only 2 x 1 bite size pieces of chicken!
– Duck was really good (more like a pulled duck)
– Biscuit was very small but delicious
– Potato masala hash is basically like an aloo bhaji cooked with curry leaves. This was quite spicy, but perfect for me!
– Poached eggs – was not so perfect on the other hand. It was not soft, but rather firm.
– Not to creamy and thick (as Indian chai is normally), so I liked it! The chai spices were perfectly balanced.
Service – good as usual.
Would I come here again for brunch? This has to be a one-off for me, especially since the portions were so small and the dishes were not cheap.
Overall, a good experience and I would recommend anyone to try it out.