Having experienced so much choice of sweet baked goods in Montreal, and to some extent, little choice in Calgary; I was really desperate to find out my “go-to” place here. Now that I’ve finally tried out majority of the bakeries in Calgary, I can proudly share my list of “The Best” places to eat (for sweet delicacies) in Calgary; enjoy!!!
- Bumpy’s – Muffins – picture
- Buttermilk Waffles – Waffles – read here
- Crave Cupcakes – Cupcakes
- Dove’s Nest – Afternoon tea (scones, pavlova etc) – read more
- Epiphanie Chocolate – French gourmet chocolates
- Glamorgan Bakery – Fresh cream cakes, cheese buns, waffle biscuits – read more
- Monplaisir Delicacies – Macarons and Belgium chocolates (Neuhaus) – read more
- Rustic Bakery – Cake loaves
- Sidewalk Citizen – Bakba, bread, sticky buns, other sweet goods – read here and here and here!!
- Yann Haute Patisserie – Croissants, Almond Croissants, Pain au Chocolat – read more
And to compliment the above, my favourite places to buy loose tea in Calgary are:
- The Tea Factory – The Royal Earl Grey is the best!
- David’s Tea – Oolong Supreme and Earl Grey Rooibos are currently my fave